Sunday, September 14, 2008

September 14, 2008


Life is good in New Zealand! Not much has been going on this week, the same old thing I guess. We do a lot of door-knocking, street contacting, teaching appointments, district meeting, and planning sessions.


We did try out some new finding ideas, however. One of them, the most successful, was the free car wash. We had heaps of fun doing the car wash. Three other elders and I stood on the curb and held up signs saying "free car wash". We yelled out to people inviting them to the free car wash. While the people's cars were being washed, they took a free tour of the chapel (the carwash was in the church parking lot). We got many call-backs but no new investigators. In Hastings (Napier's sister city), they got 7 new investigators from the same idea. Napier must not be as productive. That is ok. I love Napier none-the-less.

1 comment:

Chavah Kinloch said...

Hey wow, I also know Des. I just attended a friends wedding and was at the same table as him in March. He loved his mission. Now I feel like a bit of a blogstalker.